Saturday, June 29, 2013

Less is errrr More :-)

Hi all :-) Heather ( Rica) and I are crafting together, making cards for the LIM challenge 

When I went to see what this weeks challenge was I was thrilled to see that I am showcased for THIS card :-) THANKS !! Chrissie and Jen ,,, you have made my day ! :-)



Oops ,,,, I got a bit distracted and lost the plot with the fist one which isn't exactly CAS.

The theme is 'Sand' well after colouring 2 House Mice images,which went in the bin, I changed tack and image, using a little sailing boat instead. After all that I thought it really wasn't very CAS


I do like how this turned out tho :-) I used a 1cm strip of Be Creative tape, stuck it onto the card then peeled off the backing and sprinkled with a sand looking glitter :-) I will link all the products I used at the bottom.


My 2nd attempt is more CAS and I stayed with yellow/sandy colours with a splash of sea thrown in so I hope this one counts ?? :-)

I have just bought this Hero Arts Starburst Background stamp and think it makes a fab sunshine :-) I used HA shadow inks, spritzed with water then stamped onto watercolor paper, I then blended a little bit with Wild Honey Distress Ink before spraying with shine. It looks really shimmery IRL.


Thanks for looking :-)  I hope you're all having a fab weekend and enjoying some sunshine :-)

Challenges 
Less Is More ,,, Sand
Sketch Saturday, 1st card
Creative Card Crew , No Designer Paper
Crazy Amigo ,,,, Sun
Paperminutes ,,,, Sun/Sunshine



Hope you all have a great week :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

14 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Lols love that background stamp and fab card. I tried HM too but couldn't get it c&s enough :)
Anne
x

Debs said...

Two fab cards Lols - love the stylish designs of both.
Debs xx

Jan said...

Great cards xx Jan

Kathyk said...

Two splendid cards

Kathyk

Mrs A. said...

Both good cards and I love your idea or creating the sand. Hugs Mrs a.

KandA said...

Two fabulous cards and super designs. Love the one with the boat and the way you've done the sea and sand xx

Sandra H said...

Both cards are stunning x

Chrissie said...

Looks like you had great fun with these cards Lols... as you the say, the first one is not so CAS, but super nevertheless.
Glad you enjoyed your crafting with Heather!
Great stuff!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

cissi said...

Thank you for the nice comments on my blog. Love your cards especially the waves and the sand. They really feel like summer to me.

mags said...

Two super cards Lorraine. Love the first one and the lovely yellows in the second one.
Mags
x

debby4000 said...

Love them both but the first one is my fave.
luv
Debby

Helen J said...

Great cards, I particularly like the second one.
Helen

Mei said...

Love the different layers of the card! The anchor is my favorite part! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Creative Card Crew!

Mei
CCC DT
Love to Create DT
Crazy Challenge DT
Anyone for Anya DT

Jen Nelson said...

hope you had a great day,... lots of layers but fab cards

Thanks for joining us this week x
Jen
"Less Is More"