Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Simon Says ,,,,, Anything Goes


Simon Says Stamp

This week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge we have a fab theme of

ANYTHING GOES :-)

The DT are showcasing Echo Park papers this week, you don't have to use them but if you have some we would love to see them :-)


As usual Heidi will be giving one lucky entrant a $50 voucher to her FANTASTIC Simon Says Stamp Superstore !! For fabulous tutorials, inspiration and candy you should keep an eye on the Simon Says Stamp Blog too




For my card I decided to make a Joy Fold card and used this gorgeous new Big Eyes Owl stamp from Hero Arts.



I stamped with Memento Ink onto Neenah card 3 times, I cut out the image and used Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress inks to colour. I then cut out the eyes twice , coloured the outer rim with the vintage photo and the inner eye with the Antique linen. I also cut out his beak and coloured it with an orange copic marker.

The papers are Echo Park from a Victoria Gardens pack, love this pack ,, all are lovely designs ! I inked all the edges and used Hero Arts Kraft paper and some plain brown card for layering. I made the branches using a Memory Box Twigs and Berries die and added a few Hero Arts Pearls and a large Graphic 45 chipboard button for the closure. I added some bias tape, coloured with an orange copic and some brown organza ribbon to finish.



On the inside I used this very cute Tiny Owl and Scroll Tree, both by Hero Arts , the words were stamped using a Lawn Fawn alphabet set.

I am leaving later today and will be meeting up with Heidi, Steph and lots more people who are behind the scenes at Simon Says Stamp ,,, We’re all going to the CHA looking for new products ,,,, SOOOO EXCITED !! Smile

Thanks for looking :-) I love reading what you think so please leave me a comment and I will pop by to visit you when I get back from LA !!! Woo Hoo ,,, U S of A ,,, here I come !!


14 comments:

catherine said...

This is a fab card and so beautifully finished
x catherine

Marianne said...

Simply stunning! Just saw your card over at the SS blog and had to pop over to comment. Love the layout, the colours and every little detail!

Joey said...

Lols I absolutely LOVE this card, colours, layout, owl, bow all of it!!! Have a fantastic time at CHA, not jelous much lol. Joey xxx

Mandy said...

Oooooh hun this is absolutely gorgeous, sooooo cute :)
Don't you worry about leaving us as orphans while you are off having a wonderful time, sob, sob, lol.
hugs Mandy xx

Carissa said...

This is adorable. I love the way that you paper pieced him. Have a great time at CHA. Hugs, Carissa

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh enjoy your trip to LA. Love this card its brilliant, Love Hazelxo

Kelly said...

such a cute design with those folds! the owl is darling and i love how you mixed the patterned papers!

Whisper said...

Oh fabby i do love owls and this one is so adorable too.

Enjoy your trip to the USA and i'm sure you'll have lots of fun finding new products too, Luv Sam x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card hunny! your OWL really pops! love the papers and also the inside too! Wish I was going to CHA! lucky girl! but saying that I will be at stitches wish you were there! hugs me x

downrightcrafty said...

just had to say "what a hoot" can't imagine why, love the branch and the papers just so pretty
Hugs Kate xx

debby4000 said...

So cute Lols and gorgeous too. So jealous of you meeting up with the Simon crew at CHA.
luv
Debby

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, Lols!! I just love the newspaper print owl and I now always think of one of my dear friends who is OBSESSED with owls at the moment when I see them...she'd adore this too! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Zima said...

Gorgeus card! Love the bow - it looks so cute on the owl! :) And the foldning of the card is very clever and it looks fabulous!

America said...

WOWZERS! Love the folds and colors and that amazing OWL!!! WOO-HOO!!! WAY TO GO GF! you are on a roll designing fabbo projects. Love it all! :)