Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Ribbon Girl 'Pink and Blue' Challenge


Hi all :-) I hope you’re all having a FABULOUS weekend !! I am having a GREAT one !! I am thrilled to have been asked by my PTW teamies, Mary and Andrea aka The Ribbon Girl to be their GD for the January colour challenge on The Ribbon Girl Blog. Woo Hoo !!! :-)

There are fabulous prizes on offer this month ,,,,

This gorgeous ribbon kit from The Ribbon Girl



AND this fab £10 voucher to Lili Of the Valley :-)



We have recently had 2 new additions to the family, both girls, so I thought this colour combo would be perfect to make a little card and photo album for the happy parents :-)



The card was made using this oh, soo cute House Mouse stamp, this one is called Monica with Pacifier, coloured with Copics and the edges inked with Stormy Sky Distress Ink. I cut out the image with Spellbinders nestie circle and scalloped circle dies. The base card is plain white card inked with the stormy sky distress inks, I love the delicate look you get doing them like this. The papers are from Craft Creations and the lovely Gingham Ribbon, Button, Button Twine and perfect ‘Dummy’ charm are all from The Ribbon Girl, I used a Martha Stewart Scalloped Heart border punch, a Magnolia Doohickey Heart Swirl, some tiny rosebuds,flat backed pearls and oodles of Star Dust Stickles to finish.



The album was made using another House Mouse stamp ( surprise surprise ! :-) this one is called ‘A Birdie Told Me’ , made using the same basic products as the card and finished with a Bind It All machine.



I made this box to pop them in, again using the same basic products but this time using some gorgeous Siam Pink Vintage Style Seam Binding. I used a MFT Tag You’re It stamp and die set to make the tag and finished with a few Card Candy dots

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Mary and Andrea for inviting me along and to the team for welcoming me too :-)

NOW I am hoping that ALL my followers join in with this fab challenge ! The challenge will run until January 28th at 9PM (UK time) so plenty of time to join in ,, but DON’T FORGET !! jot it down in your notebook !! :-)

Challenges :

Craft Your Days Away ,,,,, New Beginnings

Crafty Calendar ,,, New News with optional extra of Buttons and Bows ( tick)

Designed to Delight ,,, Card or Project to include a heart

One Stop Craft ,,, On the spot + ribbon

Cooking It Up with Katie ,, Pink, Posies with Pearls

My Mum’s Craft Shop ,,,, Here Come the Girls

Cupcake Craft ,,,, Something New

Sweet Stampin ,,, Glitter, Bling, Sparkle and Shine


32 comments:

Dawny P said...

Fba fab fab chick!! What sweet images and I love the little binder. I also love how you used the twine on the buttins as well - I might have to case that idea lol!! Have a fab day me darlin and huggiest of hugs xxx

Kath Stewart said...

so excited you are joining The Ribbon Girls this month Lols and as always your card is super duper gorgeous...sending huge Wetherspoon Girly hugs...kath xxx

downrightcrafty said...

hi Lols
these are so delicate and I love the images on both with the soft edges and little charms just gorgeous
Hugs Kate x

kelly said...

wow,what a fabulous project, you've put so much time into it. thanks for sharing it with us, unfortunately to be considered for our challenge you do have to use at least one Stampin' up! product within your project. Thanks for visiting us at Simply Stampin'.
Kelly xx

catherine said...

Loving the cards and the lovely colours. The image is adorable. Well done on joing the new team
x catherine

cats whiskers said...

Love these cards hun fabulous colouring I find House mouse really difficult to colour but you have managed perfectly, thanks for choosing such a brill colour scheme for us, mine was a bit late :( but I really enjoyed using Blue and Pink together colours I don't usually use together much but will do from now on
Huggles Jacs xxxx

Liza said...

A gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining in with our something new challenge this week at CCC.

Liza x

mixamatoasties said...

What a fab idea, card and an album. Lovely colouring.

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin'

Susan x

Mandy said...

Such gorgeous creations Lorraine, it's lovely having you join us this month at the Ribbon Girl.

xx

Tracey T said...

So sweet! Love the combination of blue and pink and the image is adorable. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Brodders said...

Two beautiful creations Lorraine. I love everything about them :) Hope you have a fab week - love Jane x

Brodders said...

Oh and in addition to my earlier comment I have just seen that you have entered this into this weeks challenge over at Cupcake Craft. Good luck - Jane x

Victoria said...

absolutely gorgeous xxx

Sara H said...

Your cards are beyond cute =) Love the sweet baby mouse and the new born is adorable!!! Have a nice day!

Shari said...

Lorraine I LOVE your 3 projects! Any new mom would be so happy to receive such a fine gift from the heart! Your HMD stamps u used were just perfect, I so need the one with the soother!

Kat said...

Gorgeous makes Lols, love them all. They all match beautifully. The colour combo is just lovely. I love to use Crafts Creations ginghams for baby cards, every time I'm at my local craft shop I buy some.

Kat xx

Anonymous said...

Ooh, gorgeous card and album Lols! Love the images and the very pretty pinks and blues. Fabulous!
xx

having a {me} day said...

Oh your projects are just gorgeous! Love how you've combined the pink gingham with blue. It works so well. Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes. keeleyxx

Jenny said...

Absolutely stunning work Lols.
I found lots of inspiration looking through your blog.
Have a good week.
Jen

Tammy said...

Oh your creations are awesome Lorraine!! Such sweet images and I love the colors! Beautiful details! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
Tammy :)

Fiona said...

wow Lols...fabby cards and fab colour combo. I must buy some of these stamps too.

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Lorraine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
aww two gorgeous cards, awesome colour work as always, pretty papers & embelies, lovely colour combo, sue,x

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Lols wow gorgeous hun, love the soft colours,fab charms, congrats on your GDT, hugs Liz xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful and adorable baby card set Lols.
luv
Debby

Janice said...

So sweet, your colouring of the images is just perfect, Jx

America said...

Oh I LOVE THESE sweet baby cards LOLS! The super cute images make me smile and the gingham is perfect for baby cards and those adorable charms too cute. :)

Christine said...

Hi Lols how clever incorporating both pink/blue looks great thanks for the inspiration must try it..now these sweet mousey creations are adorable am sure they are keepsakes.

smiles Christine x

Unknown said...

Awww wow Lorraine, these are really really pretty, love both images and pretty gingham. Congrats for the GDT at The Ribbon Girl and thank you also for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck. Hugs Dora xxx

Vicky said...

Beautiful card and album Lorraine. Love the charms on a chain. :)x

paper fun said...

The whole set is stunning. Each piece is a master piece in it's own right. I love the inking and all the hearts.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

Chris said...

how sweet! almost makes me want to have a baby.
thanks for playing with us at Cooking It Up With Katie.