Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Papertake Weekly ,,,, Dawny's Sketch :-)

Time for a new Challenge over on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-) ,,, the weeks are flying past aren't they !! here we are in the middle of summer already !! :-)

This week dawny has made us another fantastic sketch for us to use :-) Nice and easy ,, just how I like em :-)

We are sponsored this week by the lovely Katharina at Whiff Of Joy
so a fabulous prize on offer ,,,you have to go to the challenge blog to see it !! :-)



I have fallen in love with 'Wee's' ,, all the WOJ images are gorgeous ,, but I must admit I especially LOVE these,,, soo cute !! :-) I bought 2 recently ,, this Wee with Broken Leg and another one which I will show you another time :-)

I coloured the image with Distress Inks ,,, for a change !! my copics are having a rest lol :-) I stamped the image with stazon onto watercolour paper and then masked it. I then inked a Hero Arts Dandelion Frame using tea dye distress ink too. The papers are from the Basic Grey Indian Summer pad and these were a RAK from a lovely blog buddy ,, she knows who she is and thanks hun xx
I made the flower using my lovely Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die, I used watercolour card to cut them out then coloured them with distress ink too ,,, sprayed with glimmer mist and stickled with my fave star dust :-) I find that if you use the watercolour paper to make these flowers , they don't tear so easily !! I ruined loads using ordinary card, especially the narrow petal shaped die ! ,,, little tip for you there lol :-) I also used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and a few Robins Nest dew drops ,,, the ribbon was in my drawer :-)
I used a Martha stewart border punch and SU punches for the sentiment ,,, the sentiment is a WOJ too and came with the stamp !! perfect !! :-)



Thanks for looking :-) The DT have made some FANTASTIC cards for you to see so please hop on over to the Papertake Weekly Challenge to see them :-)

Challenges:

Creative Card Crew ,,,,,,,, To Die For

One Stop Craft ,,,,, Distressing

Crafty Catz ,,,,,,,, Distressing

17 comments:

Carol said...

STUNNING card as always Lols!! Really gorgeous, luv that flower and your colour choice. Lotsa luv xxxx

Sue said...

Love the colours you used on this gorgeous card.The image is very cute.
Sue

Max said...

Lovely card Lorraine and I agree that Wee is really cute. Like the dandelion frame around her too and the papers are super.
The sketch isn't showing yet at PTW so will have to check back later.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Sarah said...

Awwwww, Lols this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the cute image and the papers and well, everything really, a beautiful get well card xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi LOrraine,
I love the dusky pink papers and the punched borders. The colours are magnificent and what a cute image.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Lols!! Love the papers you used and that flower is so yummy!!! Awesome job coloring the fabulous image! I love it!
hugs!
Sharon

Sue said...

Hi Lols
aww gorgeous card,awesome colouring as always, scrummy papers & embelies.
Blogger not showin my comments, then he did i said publish poof they vanished! lol. sue,x

Crystal said...

OOOOO What a wonderful card Lorraine!!! LOVE those papers..What a darling image too!

Margreet said...

gorgeous card Lols, I'm a big fan of the "Wee's" too!
xxx Margreet

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lorraine
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Lorraine,i love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine - fabulous paper flowers using the dies. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge this time
Pauline x

Juls said...

Just gorgeous! Love the stamping you have done around the edge of you mat with the main image! all the colours are just so soft and gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Lorraine this is stunning beautiful colours, papers flowers and image a wonderful creation thank you for sharing it with us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Lols, love the WOJ image and what fab papers and flower.
luv
Debby

Cathy Spicer said...

Amazing as always Lols! LOVE every thing about the card. Great job with the distress inks, I haven't been brave enough to try coloring with them yet. Thanks for playing at OSCC.

Sharon Caudle said...

Girl, this card is stunning! I love the papers, the embellishments, the image, and your coloring. Everything is absolutely perfect!!!
hugs!
Sharon