Tuesday, May 25, 2010

WOYWW and a couple of challenges

I had just started making a tag and remembered WOYWW so I stopped what I was doing and took a piccy then realised it is Tuesday so am a day early lol :-)

I will show you the finished article first though :-) I had a lovely time making this tag ,, I love to get all my inks and paints out and have a good play :-)



I used several colours of distress ink ,, dusty concord, shabby shutters, chipped sapphire and vintage photo. I also used vintage photo distress powder. The fancy border is a new Tim Holtz sizzix die and the flower is cut using a sizzix die and grungepaper snd the butterfly and letters are pre cut grungeboard shapes. I added rock candy distress stickles on the swirl and star dust stickles on the flower and butterfly. the black pearls are from Kaiser Craft.

Everything I used including the basic tag are all from Simon Says Stamp :-)

I am entering the tag into the following challenges :-
Allsorts Challenge which is Tag/Ticket

Die Cut Dreams Challenge which is Words no stamped images

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge ,,,,,, no patterned paper



so whats on my desk ,, a mess as you can see :-)a few Tim Holtz stamps ,, a tin of spray adhesive, distress inks, and a loo roll cos I have had terrible hay fever today and went through a whole box of man size tissues :-) feel better now,, the pills are kicking in :-)

Lots of candy at the top of my blog ,,, 2 are blog hop candy prizes and then there is the fortnightly candy too ,, which will be drawn tomorrow so not much time left to enter :-)


26 comments:

Tracy said...

This is certainly one gorgeous creation, loving the colours of the inks and the overall design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

downrightcrafty said...

oh bless hun, I am a day ahead wanting the weekend to come quicker. This is a lovely tag what a beautiful butterfly.
Kate xx

Sarah said...

This is beautiful, I love it! As for you thinking today is Wednesday, well that sounds like something I would do xxx

Unknown said...

This is very nice and really elegant, love the distressing so much, it's beautiful xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous tag Lorraine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cathy said...

Stunning tag Lols, I love all its elements and want it!!! I can't show my desk, full of DT work in progress!!!

Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.

Hugs
Cathy xx

Jill said...

gorgoeus tag Lols, I love the colours hugs Jill xx

Helen said...

Love the tag and the desk, now that it is wednesday, lol!

Joey said...

LOL Lols see thats the pressure of all those linkz things pmsl, love your work space its not messy its creative! love love the tag

Joeyxxx
ps:thanks again for your help.x

angeleef said...

A mess you say? I think it looks rather nice and tidy :)
And WOWZY what an amazing tag you made! Can you send it my way pleaaaaase? *puppyface* A girl's got to try right? :)
** Evi **

Lisa said...

Hi Lols, I love the beautiful tag! Thanks for sharing your work desk with us.

Lisa x

Darcy Marshall said...

boo hiss to the hayfever, hope it doesnt get you down too much. Great card, love the blinged up butterfly.

Enfys said...

What a gorgeous tag. Your desk looks like the desk of a busy crafter. love it
hugs
En x

Mummylade said...

fantastic tag! Thank you so much for entering the tag/ticket challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Spyder said...

Love your tag! fabby colours.. and I can't see a mess!!

(Lyn))

Mummylade said...

hi again =). Thank you so much for entering the DCD challenge with this tag and good luck!

Julia Dunnit said...

How gorgeous is that! Lovely - I love it when a plan comes together. Seriously, I think you need to work on your TH stamp collection.

minnie_mac said...

Love the colours on your tag, and all the goodies you used to make it.

Marilyn
x

Paper and Ribbons said...

The tag is so pretty!

jude said...

Beautiful Tag Lols ,love the butterflies too.Pop over my blog as have some candy going on from today for WOYWW.
hugs judex

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ohhh love the desk Lols. Hope your hayfever is much better now. Thanks for the nosey, Hazelxox

mckinkle said...

What a lovely desk, its great to see where all the creativity takes place!

Keryn ;0

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

gorgeous tag :)
Anne x

Sue from Oregon said...

a fun peek inside the madness LOL!

Victoria said...

love your tag and your desk - very interesting looking stash on there!

Thanks for joining in at Die Cut Dreams this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

Nicola said...

Wow your tag is awesome Lols, loving the background and your fab stamping. Ooh to have a play at your desk!
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-