Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Simon Says Winter Love :-)

Oohh we do love our animale eh !! What a fantastic response to our Amimal Antics challenge,,, Brilliant !!
lets hope you like this WINTER LOVE CHALLENGE too :-)

There are lots of possibilities for this challenge ,,, Engagement, Wedding, Anniversary,, Christmas card for partner, or even for your child ,, we do love our children after all :-)

We do have some sad news to share with you today tho ,,, unfortunately Kim is stepping down from the DT. We are all very sorry to see her go ,, as you all know her designs are fantastic and she is a lovely person too. We all wish her the very best of luck and hope she will continue to join us in the challenges :-) x x


Some friends recently asked me to make a card for their son's wedding. The colour scheme for the wedding was burgundy and they wanted the names of the bride and groom on the card.,,, this is what I came up with :-)



This was actually my first easel card and I thought it turned out quite well ,, I had to make a box to put it in as a normal envelope isn't very good ,,, tho if I was going to post one I would just use a padded jiffy type envelope ! :-)

I used a Penny Black Wedding Cake stamp and coloured it with copics and 3D'd it,,, The base card is lovely ivory stardream ,,perfect for special wedding cards I think ! The papers are Papermania and plain burgundy card. I dabbed beige brilliance ink onto a script folder and embossed the burgundy card it does look lovely IRL ! :-)



The names were cut out on my cricut, the flower is prima,, these were sprayed with glimmer mist so they are all shimmery,, for added sparkle I added a horseshoe charm a few dew drops and stickles everywhere :-)
The sentiment is a Punchem from Funky Fairys Papercrafts ,, I love these :-)

Luckily my friends liked it ,,, I haven't spoken to them since the wedding ,, but hope the bride and groom liked it too !! :-)

As usual Heidi will be giving some lucky winner a $25 shopping spree to her Simon Says Stamp Store and she will pay for the shipping too !! Lovely !! :-)

We have Norma joining us in the Designer Spotlight again this week ,, her work is absolutely amazing !! You really should go and see her fantastic blog !! :-)The DT have made some awww,, sooo cute creations for you to see too so pop over to the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog to see them ,,, and please leave them all a comment :-)

I will be giving some blog candy linked to this challenge so take a peek at the top of my blog to see what it is :-)

Also before you go ,, there is a 15% sale on EVERYTHING in the Simon Says Stamp Store for a limited time only :-) Pop over to the Simon Says Stamp Blog ( not the challenge blog) for more details :-)


26 comments:

Timcso said...

I adore your card Lorraine! The details and the embellishments are beautiful!:)

Hugs, Tímea

ribenaruby said...

Super gorgeous lorraine, love the colour combo used, super fabbby!

cats whiskers said...

This is just beautiful Lols dear what a stunning colour scheme and I just adore easel cards. Fab creation
Hugs Jacqui x

Sue said...

Hi Hun
this is totally gorgeous luv the colours, beautiful creation, they will luv it, sue.x

Nicola said...

Wow what a stunning easel card Lols. Love your image and gorgeous colour combo. The punched border is very striking and ooh I just love everything.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Chrissie said...

Such a perfect wedding card Lols, but then you always seem to get it just right sweetie!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a gorgeous card Lorraine. I'm sure the bride and groom were thrilled with it. Definitely one for them to keep and cherish.
Caroline xxx

Christine said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine love these colours brill.

Hugs Christine xx

Penny said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!

Mina said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine, Im so joining in this weeks challenge, didnt have time for last weeks...your easel card is just perfect for it
Mina xxx

cheryl said...

wow this is amazing hun such brilliant detail too hugs cheryl xxxx

Anne said...

oh wow Lols this is gorgeous. Love the cake, and your detailing is fabby as usual.
I've an engagement card needed for tomorrow so I might just manage the challenge this week.
huggles
Anne x

Anonymous said...

Lorraine, this is sooo gorgeous!! Love the image and your accents are perfect!! TFS! HUGS

Joey said...

Love our kids?!!! thats a big assumption hun lol lol. Of course I do really.x

Your easel card is stunning I adore the details :O)

Joey.xxx

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Lorraine. Love the colours and text. Dont think in all my years of crafting I have ever made a wedding card!
Clairex

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful wedding card.

Linda

Juls said...

just so so gorgeous!! Love the colour combo and the fab dimention you have created on the cake!! stunning!!

Dulcie said...

Oooh it's just stunning, I'm sure the bride and groom loved it too! Dulcie xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fabulous wedding card, so mach detail and rich colours. janex

Tania said...

Beautiful card I always love visiting your Blog so I have a little surprise for you over on my blog hope that it brightens your day-hugsTania

Unknown said...

These easel cards are very additive yours is stunning. Christine x

Unknown said...

wonderful card Lorraine!!!
you amaze me with your projects every time :)

Love,
Anna

Anne said...

had the card all done and the post all sorted with the links when I noticed it should be winter lurve lol
Too late it's done now
Anne x

mueppi said...

I love your Easel card, Lorraine!
Hugs Gisela

Margreet said...

what a stunning winter love card, Lorraine.....I tried to put your blinky on my sidebar.......I succeeded but it will not blink????
xxx Margreet

Christine said...

Hi Lorraine its taken me ages to get here... stunning card love the colours great details..just made one of these myself..have posted my challenge entry onto SS blog..

Hugs Christine xx